Clinical Reference Database
Web Based Resource
The Department of Family Medicine has purchased a subscription to TeachingPhysician.Org, a comprehensive web site developed by the Society of Teachers in Family Medicine. This site offers a variety of valuable information including preparing for a student, setting expectations, giving feedback and much more. This resource is available to our preceptors at no cost, complements of DFM. Please visit: http://www.teachingphysician.org/ and contact: Christie.Legler@fammed.wisc.edu for access.
- Preceptor Orientation Video
- Teaching Physical Exam Skills Video
- 1 minute preceptor video
- Giving Feedback Video
- Effective Clinical Education: Strategies for Teaching Medical Students and Residents in the Office (WMJ, Vol 110, no. 4, August 2011, William E. Cayley, MD)
- Evidence-Based Medicine: PICO format.
- Evidence-based Office Teaching-The Five-step Microskills Model of Clinical Teaching (Fam Med 2006;38(3):164-7.) Sarah Parrott, DO; Alison Dobbie, MD; Heidi Chumley, MD; James W. Tysinger, PhD)
- 'Hand'ling Uncertainty Article
- The One-minute Preceptor: Shaping the Teaching Conversation. Fam Med 2003;35(6)391-3 Jon O. Neher, MD; Nancy G. Stevens, MD, MPH
- Strategies for Efficient Office Precepting (Fam Med 2005;37(4):239-41.) Alison E. Dobbie, MD
- Videotaping Patients Instruction Form