The Department of Family Medicine and Community Health will be celebrating all year long with A Year of Well-being, led by Sara Arscott, PhD, MS.
We kicked off our year of activities at the State of the Department meeting on February 5th.
Upcoming Well-being Events
Year of Well-Being Lunch & Learn – TBD
March’s Year of Well-being Lunch and Learn is cancelled due to COVID19 precautions. Please stay tuned for news of the rescheduled date.
And please remember to continue to engage in your self-care practices – now more important than ever to keep your body and mind strong and resilient. Please see below for some of my favorite online resources:
- Insight Timer free meditation app and timer with LOTS of free meditations for a variety of indications including for sleep, anxiety, stress, and a clearer mind: https://insighttimer.com/
- Fitness Blender – great free workout videos from 5 to 90 minutes long all varieties to choose from – pop in for a quickie any time of day: https://www.fitnessblender.com/
- Yoga International – has a 30 day free trial membership – cancel at any time: https://yogainternational.com
- Yoga Nidra Network – many free recordings of this ancient practice of “yogic sleep” to unwind the three fold tensions of body, mind, and emotions: https://www.yoganidranetwork.org/
Year of Well-being Lunch and Learn Archive
- Building our Everyday Resiliency Compass with Julia Yates, LCSW – February 26, 2020 (WebEx Recording)
- Thriving at Work: Finding Purpose by Aligning with What Matters Most with Sara Arscott, PhD – February 5, 2020 (Edited WebEx Recording)
Check back here throughout the year for additional well-being events and updates.