As the Office of Community Health, we recognize that in times of crisis our most vulnerable patients are likely to become even more vulnerable. Being prepared and able to understand and support our communities outside our hospital and clinic walls will be critical to support those of us working within these spaces.
Resources to Support Our Patients
- Madison Resources for Impacts of COVID-19 – Updated Daily
- WisconsinGov Department of Workforce Development – Unemployment COVID-19 Public Information
- AMPHL COVID-19 Resources – from the Association of Medical Professionals with Hearing Losses
- Multilingual Resources | Recursos multilingües
COVID-19 and Our Most Vulnerable Populations: Educational Resources
- To understand the effects of a pandemic upon our vulnerable populations see the Social Interventions Research Network COVID-19 Resource Page.
- Disabled in the Coronavirus Crisis – Opinion Piece
Law and Policy Resources
Stop the Stigma
- To help stop the stigma and misinformation of COVID-19 see the UW Health facebook page
- CDC: Know the facts about coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and help stop the spread of rumors
- Asian Pacific American Medical Student Association – “As mentioned in our previous APAMSA national statement, we are concerned about the heightened tensions and fear that have unfortunately stemmed from this outbreak. If you have witnessed or experienced acts of xenophobia-driven violence, we also encourage you to aid in hate crime response and prevention by sharing your story at StandAgainstHatred.org. We remain hopeful that together, we can overcome these adversities and work towards improving the health of the APIA community through this difficult time”