Post Grad Trainee 3
- Community Medicine
- Behavioral health/applied psychotherapy in Primary Care
- Cultural humility in serving rural and urban under-served populations
- Full spectrum Family Medicine
- Being outdoors
- Enjoying good music and good food
- In Wausau: Residency book club, local farmers’ markets, WNPR’s Simply Folk program on Sunday evenings, and going to the cheese shop and spending too much money on cheese!
Other Medical Experience:
- Medical research on long term care for traumatic brain injury (TBI) survivors and on neurologic predictive factors of violent behavior following TBI
- Case report on using novel phenotype testing for identifying idiopathic hypereosinophilia
- Currently working on a longitudinal community medicine project with the Wausau program
Why did you choose the Wausau program?
- Amazing residents who treat each other like family
- Incredibly wise and dedicated faculty who are very approachable
- Strong opportunities in rural health and full spectrum medicine
- Faculty support for self-directed learning, individualized Family Medicine interests
- Wausau! I’ve lived all over the country and abroad. Wausau is a hidden gem. My quality of life here is amazing. This is mainly because of the warmth, integrity, and creativity of the community as well as the beautiful landscapes/outdoor opportunities throughout all four seasons.