Ellen Goldstein completed a master’s degree in clinical psychology from Santa Barbara Graduate Institute and PhD in Nursing Science and Healthcare Leadership from the University of California at Davis. A behavioral scientist specializing in trauma-informed health care education and research, Dr. Goldstein is an Assistant Scientist in the Department of Family Medicine and Community Health at the University of Wisconsin. Her research is focused on developing and evaluating interprofessional education curriculum to enhance the competence of health profession students in the delivery of trauma-informed care; and developing and testing the clinical effectiveness of trauma-informed interventions to improve the health of underrepresented minority groups. She is co-founder of the Trauma Informed Health Care Education and Research (TIHCER) Collaborative whose mission is to advance interprofessional trauma-informed health education across the continuum of learners.
- Goldstein, E., McDonnell, C., Atchley, R., Dorado, K., Bedford, C., Brown, R.L., & Zgierska, A.E. The Impact of Psychological Interventions on Posttraumatic Stress Disorder and Pain Symptoms: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Clin J Pain. 730
- Goldstein, E., Topitzes, J., Birstler, J., & Brown, R.L. Addressing adverse childhood experiences and health risk behaviors among low-income black primary care patients: Testing feasibility of a motivation-based interventio. Gen Hosp Psych
- Goldstein, E., Topitzes, J., Brown, R.L., Barrett, B. Mediational pathways of mindfulness and exercise on mental health and perceived stress: A randomized controlled tria. Journal of Health Psychology
- Goldstein, E., Murray-García, J., Sciolla, A.F., Topitzes, J. Medical students’ perspectives on trauma-informed care training. Perm J
- Goldstein, E., Athale, N., Sciolla, A.F., Catz, S.L. Patient preferences for discussing childhood trauma in primary care. Perm J,
- Ackerman-Barger, K., Goldstein, E., Nutor, J.J., Murray-Garcia, J. Building individual and institutional capacity of an urban academic health system to serve local sex-trafficking victim. Journal Committed to Social Change on Race and Ethnicity