The University of Wisconsin Department of Family Medicine and Community Health seeks Clinical Physicians to practice with UW Health Urgent Care centers in Madison, WI.
- Providing direct clinical care, focusing on urgent/emergent medical care
- Minor trauma, including fracture care, laceration repair and minor surgical procedures
- Coordinate care for patients by ensuring appropriate follow up with PCP’s within the UW Health system
- UC physicians collaborate with advanced practice clinicians and are expected to perform chart reviews, as needed
Benefits to working in UW Urgent Care:
- UC providers have outstanding support by ER and specialty colleagues
- No call, limited in-basket/follow-up
- Flexible hours; flexibility with scheduling
- Outstanding staff and APP pool
- Team camaraderie and collegiality system-wide
- State of the art facility to practice
- Collaborative environment to share ideas
- Quality improvement promoted
- Strong technology
- Opportunity to teach medical students and other learners
- Support from UW allows for diversity in your practice and your career goals
Two Locations within Madison:
- 8am-8pm daily during week
- 8am-5pm weekends and holidays
The preferred candidate will either have experience teaching and working with a diverse population or will welcome a commitment to teaching and working with a diverse population.
Degree and area of specialization:
License or Certificate:
Wisconsin medical license is required prior to start date.
Certified by or eligible for certification by the American Board of Family Medicine
Salary/Benefits: Competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Community: Madison, Wisconsin (population 255,000), the vibrant capital of Wisconsin and home of the University of Wisconsin, and the many picturesque surrounding towns, has the best of all worlds: natural beauty and outdoor recreation, stimulating cultural offerings, distinctive restaurants and shops, and an irreverent spirit of fun. Built on an isthmus between lakes Monona and Mendota, Madison is renowned for its beautiful scenery. A total of five area lakes and more than 260 city parks create the perfect setting for an abundance of year-round outdoor activities, from hiking, biking, swimming and sailing along with cross-country skiing, snow sailing, and ice fishing. Urban culture, natural beauty, small town charm – the greater Madison area offers it all!
Open Position Link:
For additional information, please contact:
Sheena Frydrych, Physician Recruiter
The UW-Madison is an EO/AA employer, women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Wisconsin caregiver and open records laws apply. A background check will be conducted prior to employment.