Evidence Based Mindfulness: Research
For more information on cutting edge research on mindfulness and the foundations of healthy minds, go to The University of Wisconsin Center for Investigating Healthy Minds.
- Mindful Practice
- Age effects on gray matter volume and attentional performance in Zen meditation
- Alterations in Brain and Immune Function Produced by Mindfulness Meditation
- Association of an Educational Program in Mindful Communication With Burnout, Empathy, and Attitudes Among Primary Care Physicians
- Effectiveness of a Meditation-Based Stress Reduction Program in the Treatment of Anxiety Disorders
- The Impact of a Meditation-Based Stress Reduction Program on Fibromyalgia
- Long-term meditators self-induce high-amplitude gamma synchrony during mental practice
- Meditation in Medical Practice: A Review of the Evidence and Practice
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy to Prevent Relapse in Recurrent Depression
- Mindfulness-based stress reduction and health-related quality of life in a heterogeneous patient population
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Lowers Psychological Distress In Medical Students
- Mindfulness Training as an Intervention for Fibromyalgia: Evidence of Postintervention and 3-Year Follow-Up Benefits in Well-Being
- Parachute use to prevent death and major trauma related to gravitational challenge: systematic review of randomised controlled trials
- Prevention of Relapse/Recurrence in Major Depression by Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy
- Promoting Mindfulness in Psychotherapists in Training Influences the Treatment Results of Their Patients: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Controlled Study
Presentation on Evidence-based Mindfulness
Public site primary links (section navigation)
Two Kinds of Intelligence
There are two kinds of intelligence: one acquired,
as a child in school memorizes facts and concepts
from books and from what the teacher says,
collecting information from the traditional sciences
as well as from the new sciences.
With such intelligence you rise in the world.
You get ranked ahead or behind others
in regard to your competence in retaining
information. You stroll with this intelligence
in and out of fields of knowledge, getting always more
marks on your preserving tablets.
There is another kind of tablet, one
already completed and preserved inside you.
A spring overflowing its springbox. A freshness
in the center of the chest. This other intelligence
does not turn yellow or stagnate. It's fluid,
and it doesn't move from outside to inside
through conduits of plumbing-learning.
This second knowing is a fountainhead
from within you, moving out.