The UW DFMCH Office of Community Health designs or facilitates programs in partnership with communities, patients, learners, our faculty, and our academic and health system partners. We prioritize projects in collaboration with the communities we serve, as well as with DFMCH faculty and leadership.
How We Work
- Partner with community organizations to develop evidence-based initiatives that promote community health and health equity, and that are likely to result in measurable improvements in population health outcomes;
- Engage with patients to inform innovative models of care that promote family and community health;
- Recruit and support faculty and staff to expand community health efforts;
- Recruit and educate learners to become community-responsive health professionals;
- Develop, enhance and share resources with academic partners; and
- Collect data to confirm the value of our initiatives
Partner With Us
To learn more about OCH or to discuss a potential project, please contact OCH Director Jennifer Edgoose, MD, MPH.