Welcome to the UW Department of Family Medicine and Community Health’s Office of Medical Student Education! We are committed to excellence in medical student education.
Our group of faculty, staff, and community-based teachers are involved in all aspects of student education, from required courses (PDS and M1 & M2 Preceptorship and CPC) and electives to student organizations (FMIG, MEDiC, DOC).
Take a few minutes to explore our website and get to know more about our programs. You will find that we have a lot to offer!
A Glimpse Into Family Medicine
- Educate all medical students about the core principles of family medicine and the role of family physicians in the health care system.
- Continue active leadership roles in medical school curriculum and program development.
- Support student interest in family medicine careers and offer elective programs which increase student exposure to family medicine.
- Conduct scholarship and research about family medicine education.
- Work for continual improvement in all programs and activities.
- Create a positive working environment by communicating, collaborating and developing supportive working relationships among family medicine faculty and staff.
Statewide Education Locations
Map last updated: November 2018