DFMCH-Sponsored Residency Programs
Baraboo Rural Training Track (RTT)
Jamie Petzke, MD, is practicing at St. Clare Hospital in Baraboo. Jack Massee, DO, returned to his home state of Minnesota.
Eleven of the 16 Madison graduates stayed in Wisconsin:
- Three at DFMCH for fellowships (Brenna Gibbons, MD, and Nick Sullivan, DO, Academic Fellowship, and Jeremiah Shaw, MD, Integrative Health Fellowship)
- One at Upland Hills Health in Dodgeville (Nicole Altman, MD)
- Three at UW Health Clinics in Dane County (Tyler Grunow, MD, Oregon Clinic; Danielle Hartwig, MD, Yahara Clinic; Morgan White, MD, Wingra Clinic)
- One at Aspirus Family Health Specialists in Wausau (Melanie Hellrood, MD)
- One at Prairie Ridge Health in Columbus (Elise Malzer, MD)
- One at Aspirus Plover Clinic in Stevens Point (Neal Smith, MD)
- One is undecided but plans to stay in Wisconsin (Megan Dudek, DO)
Two of the residents left Wisconsin to enter sports medicine fellowships (AJ Sheehan, DO, at Duke in Durham, North Carolina; and Jake Starsiak, DO, at Ohio Health Riverside Methodist Hospital in Columbus, Ohio); one entered practice in Washington (Anne Drolet, MD, at Swedish Birth and Family Clinic in Edmonds); one entered practice in Ohio (Thomas Ridella, MD, at Beaumont Haggerty Medical Associates in Canton); and one in California (Laura Shingleton, DO, Providence Medical Associates in Torrance).
Academic Partner Residency Programs
Aurora Lakeland Rural Training Tracking
Three of the four Lakeland graduates stayed in Wisconsin: Jeffrey Farvour, MD, is at Aurora Family Medicine in Oshkosh; Jazmine Smith, MD, is at Aurora Family Medicine in Milwaukee; and Philip Zuska, MD, MS, is at Aurora Urgent Care in Menomonee Falls. Tiffany Jen, MD, left Wisconsin to practice at Sentara Palmyra Medical Associates in Palmyra, Virginia.
Eau Claire Residency
Three of the five Eau Claire graduates stayed in Wisconsin: Markus Eckstein, MD, is at Gundersen Health Systems in Onalaska; Pamela Falcon, MD, is at Prevea Washington St. Health Center in Green Bay; and Jordan Fraser, DO, is at Burnett Medical Center in Grantsburg. Two are practicing in Minnesota: Jonathan Rief, MD, is at Allina Apple Valley in Apple Valley and Joseph Zbaracki, DO, is at Essentia Health in Duluth.
La Crosse Residency
Four of six La Crosse grads stayed in Wisconsin:
- One at Gundersen Health System in Onalaska (Mary George, MD)
- One at Viroqua Family Medicine in Viroqua (Martin Erlandson, DO)
- One at UW Health in Beaver Dam (McKenzie Bruce, MD)
- One at St. Croix Regional Medical Center in St. Croix (Laura Krueger, MD)
One of the residents leaving Wisconsin entered practice in Iowa (Garrett Donaldson, MD, in Pella). Another resident started a fellowship in hospice and palliative medicine (Zach Razavi, MD, at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor).
Seven of 10 Milwaukee residents remained in Wisconsin:
- One at Aurora Midtown in Milwaukee (Alexandrea Spindler, DO)
- One at Aurora Urgent Care in Milwaukee (Madelyn Pickle, DO)
- One at Aurora St. Luke’s in Milwaukee (Zeeshan Yacoob, MD)
- One at Aurora West Allis Medical Center in West Allis (Brianna Berti, DO)
- One at Aurora Urgent Care in Menomonee Falls (Amanda Sessions, DO)
- One at Aurora Midtown Clinic in Milwaukee (Lawrence Moore, MD)
- One at Aurora Germantown Clinic in Germantown (Katerina Christopherson, MD)
Two of the residents left Wisconsin to practice in St. Paul, Minnesota. Melissa Baughman, DO, is at Allina West and Mai Ly Thor, MD, is at M Health Fairview. Tamer Mustafa, DO, is undecided.
All seven Waukesha residents remained in Wisconsin:
- Three in Waukesha (Trevor Argall, MD, Sanam Salimi, MD, and Lauren Thomas, MD)
- One in Menomonee Falls (Matthew Andreoli, MD)
- One in Mukwonago (Christopher Kordick, DO)
- One in Madison (Brian Kroll, MD)
- One in Columbus (Colin Millar, MD)
Four of the five Wausau residents remained in Wisconsin:
- One at Wisconsin Rapids VA Clinic in Wisconsin Rapids (Brandon Moul, MD)
- One at Aspirus Doctors Clinic in Wisconsin Rapids (Brittany Myszka, MD)
- One at Marshfield Clinic Merrill Center in Merrill (Jason Servi, DO)
- One at Aspirus Antigo Clinic in Antigo (Ross Trecartin, MD)
One resident left Wisconsin to enter practice in Missouri (Samantha Rivera, MD, at Missouri Baptist Medical Center in St. Louis).
Published: September 2022