DFMCH-Sponsored Residency Programs
Baraboo Rural Training Track (RTT)
Andrea Kratzke Nelson, MD, is practicing at Essentia Health in Moose Lake, Minnesota. Jeffrey Daniels, MD, is practicing at the University of Iowa Department of Family Medicine in Iowa City, Iowa.
Eleven of the 14 Madison graduates stayed in Wisconsin:
- Seven at DFMCH for fellowships (Estefan Beltran, MD, Kane Laks, MD, and Ana Pearson, MD, academic fellowships; Adam Cordum, MD, sports medicine fellowship; Stephanie Liu, MD, integrative health fellowship; Melissa Ricker, MD, geriatric fellowship; and Justin Temple, MD, LGBTQ+ fellowship)
- One at SSM Health Dean Clinic in Sun Prairie (Yusuf Abdullah, DO)
- One at the UW Health Sun Prairie Clinic in Sun Prairie (Nathan Gorman, DO)
- One at Access Community Health Center in Madison (Caroline Hensley, MD, MPH)
- One at UW Health Belleville Clinic in Belleville (Brian Kenealy, MD, PhD)
Two of the residents left Wisconsin to enter fellowships (André Biscaye, MD, addiction medicine fellowship at University of Minnesota, and Stephanie Sippl, MD, obstetrics fellowship at University of South Alabama); and one entered practice in South Dakota (Charissa Etrheim, MD, at Access Health and Avera Medical Group in Mitchell).
Academic Partner Residency Programs
Aurora Lakeland Rural Training Track
All four of the Lakeland graduates stayed in Wisconsin: Melissa Folstad, MD, is at Aurora Family Medicine Clinic in Hartford; Rabeea Lodrha, MD, is pursuing an emergency medicine fellowship in Milwaukee; Kaitlin Pellicano, MD, is pursuing a hospice and palliative care fellowship in Milwaukee; and Lindsey Tuntland, MD, is at Aurora Family Medicine Clinic in Walworth.
Eau Claire Residency
Three of the six Eau Claire graduates stayed in Wisconsin: Taylor Feuling, MD, is at Health Partners Amery Hospital and Clinic in Amery; Jeremiah Kakes, MD, is at Gundersen Health Systems in La Crosse; and Samantha Vouylouklis, MD, is at Prevea Health in Eau Claire. Michael Fassl, MD, is practicing at Advocate Aurora Medical Group Primary Care in Merrionette Park and Evergreen Park, Illinois; Danash Raja, MD, is at Medical Park in Anchorage, Alaska; and Shawn Stafki, MD, is at Astera Health in Wadena, Minnesota.
La Crosse Residency
Four of the six La Crosse residents stayed in Wisconsin: Kavita Kanwar, MD, is at UnityPoint Health in Madison; William Klein, MD, is at Gundersen Health System in La Crosse; Molly Sygulla, MD, is at Gundersen Health System in La Crosse; Benjamin Thompson, MD, is at Gundersen Health System in Sparta. Two grads are in Minnesota: Kylie Bossuyt, MD, is at Avera Health System in Marshall; Kristin Heslep, MD, is at Essentia West Duluth Clinic in Duluth.
Six of 10 Milwaukee residents remained in Wisconsin:
- One at Aurora in Menomonee Falls (Ada Celik, DO)
- One at Aurora WiseLives in Wauwatosa (Meinuo Chen Baca, MD)
- One at Aurora Edgerton in Greenfield (Pang Hang, MD)
- One at Aurora in Oak Creek (Agnes Prospere, MD)
- One at Aurora Family Practice Center in Milwaukee (Stephenie Quirke, DO)
- One at Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee for a sleep medicine fellowship (Nada Zahir, DO)
Four of the residents left Wisconsin to practice elsewhere in the United States. Fatya Amiri, DO, is at Kaiser Permanente Medical Offices in Highlands Ranch, Colorado. Kailash Dhir, DO, is pursuing a geriatric fellowship at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. Dulce Griego, MD, is at Guajira Family Clinic and Diabetes Care in McAllen, Texas. Lauren Oberbroeckling, DO, is at Advocate Outpatient in Des Plaines, Illinois.
Six of the seven Waukesha residents remained in Wisconsin:
- Three in Waukesha (Alexis Goss, MD, Hannah Ingvalson, DO, and Sam Powela, DO)
- One in Burlington (Daniel Lunetta, MD)
- One in Amery (Emily Hanka, DO)
- One in Kenosha (Adam Naker, MD)
One of the residents is now practicing in Norfolk, Virginia (Erin Glembocki, MD).
Three of the five Wausau residents remained in Wisconsin:
- One at Upland Hills Health in Dodgeville (Joshua Hess, MD)
- One at Aspirus Medford Clinic in Medford (Madeline Oestreich, MD)
- One at Aspirus Wausau Hospital Hospitalists (Tony Swicer, DO, MPH, MS)
One resident left Wisconsin to enter practice in Missouri (Chanteal Findling, DO, at St. Luke’s Health System in Kansas City). One grad is in Florida (Christopher Polonia, MD, at Advent Health in Tampa).
Published: August 2023