610 N Whitney Way (Madison), Northport Dr (Madison)
Jennifer Edgoose, MD, MPH is Professor, Executive Vice Chair, and Vice Chair of Community Health, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the Department of Family Medicine and Community Health (DFMCH) at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health (UWSMPH). She graduated from Wellesley College with a B.A. in biological chemistry; Columbia University with an M.D. and M.P.H; and the University of Washington for her family medicine residency. She then practiced full-spectrum family medicine for over ten years at Community Health Care, a federally qualified health center in Tacoma, WA. She joined the DFMCH in 2010 and focuses her attention on care of historically marginalized populations and strategies to promote health equity and community engagement clinically, educationally and in research. Nationally, she served on Family Medicine for America’s Health – Health Equity Team and was the lead editor of the American Academy of Family Physicians’ Health Equity Curricular Toolkit. She is a recipient of the Baldwin E. Lloyd Faculty Teaching Award, Brillman Mentoring Award, Scheckler Faculty Research Award, and the 2018 University of Wisconsin Outstanding Women of Color Award.
- Edgoose JYC, Carvajal DN, Reavis KMP, Yogendran L, Echiverri AT, Rodriguez JE. Addressing and Dismantling the Legacy of Race and Racism in Academic Medicine: A Socioecological Framework. J Am Board Fam Med. 2022 Dec;35(6):1239-1245. PMID 36396417.
- Edgoose J. Exploring the Face-to-Face: Revisiting Patient-Doctor Relationship in a Time of Expanding Telehealth. JABFM.2021.34 (Supplement) S252-S254. PMID: 33622849.
- Foster K, Johnson C, Carvajal D, Piggott C, Reavis K, Edgoose J, Eliot T, Gold M, Rodriguez J, Washington J. Dear White People. Ann Fam Med. 2021;19(1):66-69. PMID: 33431395.
- Edgoose J, Brown Speights J, White-Davis T, Bullock K, Guh J, De Leon J, Roberson K, Ferguson W, Saba GW. Teaching About Racism in Medical Education: A Mixed Method Analysis of the Need for and Outcome of a Train-the-Trainer Faculty Development Workshop. Fam Med. 2021;53(1):23-31. PMID: 33471919.
- Guh J, Krinsky L, White-Davis T, Sethi T, Hayon R. Edgoose J. Teaching Racial Affinity Caucusing as a Tool to Learn About Racial Health. Fam Med 2020; 52(9):658-60. PMID:
- Edgoose J, Quiogue M, Sidhar K. How to Identify, Understand, and Unlearn Implicit Bias in Patient Care. Fam Pract Manag. 2019;26(4):29-33. PMID: 31287266.
- Edgoose JYC and Edgoose JM. Finding hope in the face-to-face. Ann Fam Med. 2017 May/June; 15:272-274. PMID: 28483894.
- Edgoose J, Regner C, Zakletskaia L. BREATHE OUT: A randomized controlled trial of a structured intervention to improve clinician satisfaction with “difficult” patients. JABFM 2015 January;28(1):13-20. PMID: 25567818.