Assoc Professor (CHS)
Jennifer Edgoose, MD, MPH joined the Department of Family Medicine and Community Health (DFMCH) at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health (UWSMPH) in 2010. She graduated from Wellesley College with a B.A. in biological chemistry; Columbia University with an M.D. and M.P.H; and the University of Washington for her family medicine residency. She then practiced full-spectrum family medicine for over ten years at Community Health Care, a federally qualified health center in Tacoma, WA. She is now an associate professor and focuses her attention on care of vulnerable populations and strategies to promote health equity and community engagement. Nationally, she provides leadership on Family Medicine for America’s Health – Health Equity Team. In 2014 she was honored with the Baldwin Lloyd Teaching Award from Madison residents. She serves as the Director of the DFMCH Office of Community Health; Director of the UWSMPH Diversity and Inclusion Advocates program; and Chair and Co-founder of the DFMCH Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee.
- Edgoose JYC and Edgoose JM. Finding hope in the face-to-face. Ann Fam Med. 2017 May/June; 15:272-274.
- Edgoose J, Regner C, Zakletskaia L. BREATHE OUT: A randomized controlled trial of a structured intervention to improve clinician satisfaction with “difficult” patients JABFM 2015 January;28(1):13-20.
- Edgoose J, Hampton A, Schrager S. How good are the online TOLAC calculators in predicting successful VBAC. FPIN
- Edgoose J, Regner C, Zakletskaia L. BREATHE OUT: A randomized controlled trial of a structured intervention to improve clinician satisfaction with “difficult” patients. JABFM
- Edgoose J, Regner C, Zakletskaia L. Difficult patients: Exploring the patient perspective. Fam Med
- Schrager S, Falleroni J, Edgoose J. Endometriosis. Am Fam Physician
- Edgoose J. Rethinking the difficult patient encounter. Fam Pract Manag
- Edgoose J, Dobie S. Incorporating right precordial leads in exercise electrocardiography. J Fam Pract
- Fullilove R, Edgoose J, Fullilove M. Chaos, critically and public health. J Natl Med Assoc
- Park K, Choe (Edgoose) J, OsifchinN, Templeton D, Robbins P, Kim S. The human retinoblastoma susceptibility gene promoter is positively autoregulated by its own product. J Biol Chem
- Wolfson AJ, Branham TR, Edgoose JC, Hammill AK, Lowe KM, Spooner AE, Lee J, Kapoor R, Shen M. Kinetics of inhibition of elastase by a chimeric inhibitor containing the reactive site loop from alpha 1-antitrypsin. Protein Peptide Lett
- Edgoose J. Family-oriented medicine (letter to the editor). Columbia Medicine
- Edgoose J. The Stories We Carry and Continue. American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine Bulletin
- Edgoose J. Toward a broader perspective. New York Fam Phys
- Edgoose J. Why be specialists?. New York Fam Phys
- Edgoose J and Edgoose JM. Finding hope in the face-to-face. Annals of Family Medicine
- Race to Equity. . Group Health Coorperative Primary Care Conference, Madison, Wisconsin, October, 2015.
- The Difficult Patient: Don’t Despair…BREATHE OUT. . Watertown Regional Medical Center, Watertown, Wisconsin, July, 2015.
- The 2020 Initiative: Advocacy From the Bottom Up. . Research Fellowship Seminar, UW Department of Family Medicine, Madison, Wisconsin, March, 2015.
- BREATHE OUT: How to Improve Our Experience With “Difficult” Patients, Cultivating Authenticity, Reflection and Empathy (CARE) Seminar. . Gold Humanism Honor Society, Madison, Wisconsin, March, 2014.
- Difficult Patients. . Fifth Annual Innovations in Women’s Health, Madison, Wisconsin, November, 2013.
- BREATHE OUT: Assessment of a Novel Teaching Tool to Improve Physician Satisfaction With “Difficult” Patients (Invited Presentation). . UW Department of Family Medicine, Madison, Wisconsin, March, 2013.
- Difficult Patients: Exploring the, and Us. . St. Clare Hospital, Baraboo, Wisconsin, May, 2013.
- Finding the Person Behind the Patient. . Annual Convention of the Wisconsin Psychological Association, Middleton, Wisconsin, April, 2012.
- 2014 : Baldwin E. Lloyd Faculty Teaching Award. This award is presented by the UW SMPH Department of Family Medicine and Community Health residents to a member of the residency faculty to recognize a significant educational contribution to the residency program.
- 2013 : UW Health Patient Experience Physician Fast Tracker Award.
- 2013 : STFM New Faculty Scholar. Presented at the STFM Annual Spring Conference. Baltimore, Maryland
- 2012 : James E. Davis, MD MS Quality Improvement Award. Presented at Department of Family Medicine annual Renner/Hansen Event. Project: Team Edgeese. Developed a more efficientuse of electronic heath records for lab ordering. Madison, Wisconsin
- 2012 : John J. Frey III, MD Writing Award. Presented at the annual Department of Family Medicine Farley/Frey Event, for a creative writing submission: “The Stories We Carry and Continue.” Madison, Wisconsin
- 1996 : Alpha Omega Alpha. Columbia University School of Public Health. New York, New York
- 1991 : Phi Beta Kappa. Wellesley College. Wellesley, Massachusetts
- 1991 : Sigma Xi (the Scientific Research Society). Wellesley College. Wellesley, Massachusetts
- 1991 : Sarah Perry Wood Scholarship for the Study of Medicine. Wellesley College. Wellesley, Massachusetts
- 1991 : American Institute of Chemists Awardee. Wellesley College. Wellesley, Massachusetts
- 1990 : Southland Corporation Scholarship. Merit scholarship for undergraduates. Wellesley College. Wellesley, Massachusetts
- 1988 : Korean Embassy Scholarship. Merit scholarship for Korean American undergraduates. Wellesley College. Wellesley, Massachusetts
- 2016 : Scheckler Faculty Research Award . UW Department of Family Medicine and Community Health William Scheckler Faculty Research based on paper: “BREATHE OUT: A Randomized Controlled Trial of Structured Intervention to Improve Clinician Satisfaction with ‘Difficult’ Visits”