University of Wisconsin Department of Family Medicine and Community Health (DFMCH) Associate Professor Randall Brown, MD, PhD, DFASAM, was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) Honor Medical Society on April 17, 2019, at the DeJope Residence Hall in Madison, Wisconsin.
Founded in 1902, AOA is dedicated to the belief that in the profession of medicine, we will improve care for all by:
- recognizing high educational achievement;
- honoring gifted teaching;
- encouraging the development of leaders in academia and the community;
- supporting the ideals of humanism; and
- promoting service to others.
Election to Alpha Omega Alpha is an honor signifying a lasting commitment to professionalism, leadership, scholarship, research, and community service. A lifelong honor, membership in the society confers recognition for a physician’s dedication to the profession and art of healing.
Published: April 2019