The University of Wisconsin Department of Family Medicine and Community Health offers a variety of electives for Med 1-4 students. See a complete listing of Phase 3 electives and Phase 1 electives.
How to Apply
UW Madison Students
UW medical students must have successfully completed Phase 2 prior to starting Phase 3 Family Medicine electives. To request an elective, apply through the SMPH lottery system or contact Nicole Watson, email@example.com
- Priority placement is offered through the SMPH lottery system.
- You will be notified whether your request can be accommodated.
Visiting U.S. Students
Medical student rotations are currently available to UW SMPH medical students only.
Students who have successfully completed 3rd-year coursework from their allopathic or osteopathic medical schools in the U.S. and are U.S. citizens may also apply for Madison-area and statewide electives.
- Complete DFMCH on-line supplemental application and upload to VSAS.
- Complete the Visiting Student Application Service (VSAS) .
- VSAS will notify you and DFMCH when your application is approved.
- You will be notified by DFMCH with available elective options.