- People: 829 employees (including 197 faculty) plus 248 clinical adjunct faculty statewide (FY20)
- Medical student education: In FY20, Office of Medical Student Education taught 482 UW School of Medicine and Public Health students through coursework, clerkship, preceptorships, required courses and electives.
- Residency: In FY20, 158 residents trained in our three-year, DFMCH-sponsored and academic partner residency programs
- in Baraboo, Eau Claire/Augusta, Elkhorn, La Crosse, Madison, Milwaukee, Waukesha and Wausau. All programs are fully accredited; six sites have also achieved osteopathic recognition. Of the 50 residents who graduated in FY20, 33 (66%) entered practice in Wisconsin.
- Fellowships: Academic, addiction medicine, integrative health, primary care research and primary care sports medicine fellowships offered.
- Patient care: 17 statewide clinics in FY20; 314,333 patient visits in FY20 (154,171 total patient panel).
- Research: $7.8M in grant awards in FY20. Research interests include addiction and substance misuse prevention and treatment, infectious disease surveillance and systems-engineering approaches for improving ambulatory care. Wisconsin Research and Education Network (WREN) also conducts research in partnership with primary care clinicians and communities statewide.
For more details, view our annual reports.
Map last updated: January 2020