The Eau Claire Family Medicine Residency Program supports individual resident’s interests with a flexible curriculum in our single-specialty learning environment. Our residency core faculty and our community preceptors provide evidence-based and full-spectrum training opportunities.
Our continuity clinic, Prevea Health Family Medicine, is a state-of-the-art medical facility located within the Health Education Center of Chippewa Valley Technical College in a highly visible and accessible area of Eau Claire. The primary training hospital, HSHS Sacred Heart Hospital, is located a block away.
Prevea Health Family Medicine
- 18 exam rooms and 2 procedure rooms
- Electronic medical record (EPIC)
- Individual resident workspaces with desktop computers and dual monitors
- Human Patient Simulator laboratory
- X-ray suite
- Ultrasound suite
- On-site laboratory
- Family counseling rooms
- High-tech conference rooms
The Eau Claire Family Medicine Residency aims to prepare residents to:
- Practice evidence-based medicine
- Practice full spectrum Family Medicine in any setting
- Be community health leaders
- Single-specialty residency program
- Only comprehensive geriatric assessment program in area, member of Wisconsin Alzheimer’s Institute (WAI)
- Dually accredited for allopathic and osteopathic medicine
- Residents with diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Experienced MD and DO faculty and an on-site Clinical Social Worker
- Over 100 volunteer community faculty members
- Balance between inpatient and outpatient rotations
- Professional and friendly work environment
- Over 230 graduates, a majority practicing in Wisconsin
Our family medicine curriculum provides an excellent balance of training in internal medicine, outpatient procedures, pediatrics, and obstetrics. Flexible electives provide you with time to explore personal areas of interest.
Eau Claire Family Medicine is an academic partner program with UW DFMCH. More information about the program is available through Wisconsin North and Central (WiNC) GME Consortium, our sponsoring institution.
Come see what your next three years could be. Visit Eau Claire!