How can I learn more about the study and find out if I qualify?
The Boston STAMP Study Team
Brigham and Women’s Hospital
Phone: (617) 732-9181
Lauren, Christina and Kathleen of the Boston team will be happy to discuss the study with you!
When and where will the study sessions be held?
The next study training sessions will be:
Wednesdays or Fridays, afternoons
Starting November 28, 2018
Location: Brigham and Women’s Hospital
850 Boylston Street
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
More training sessions are coming! Please call us for dates.
Transportation assistance may be available. Please contact us for details.
Free self-parking and complimentary valet parking options are available.
Accessible by public transportation (shuttle to Brookline Village – MBTA Green Line “D” Branch)
This study may be a good fit if you:
- Are interested in learning new methods designed to help manage your back pain
- Agree to be assigned in a random way (like by flipping a coin) to learn one of two methods to help manage pain
- Are 21 or older
- Experience daily lower back pain for at least 3 months
- Are prescribed daily pain medication for your back pain (for example: Vicodin®, Percocet®, oxycodone, or morphine)
- Are willing to complete an 8-week training program of weekly 2-hour sessions in your local city to learn one of the two pain management methods
- Are willing to complete in-person and online follow up surveys throughout the one year study