How can I learn more about the study and find out if I qualify?
In Salt Lake City:
Call: (801) 834-5748
Gretchen, Amy, and Hannah of the University of Utah team will be happy to discuss the study with you!
When and where will the study sessions be held?
The next study training sessions will be:
Tuesday or Friday afternoons, starting on March 17, 2020
Location: Various clinics around the valley – call us for more details
More training sessions are coming! Please call us for dates.
Reserved parking is typically available, or parking vouchers will be provided
Public transit options, such as TRAX and buses, are available. Please call us for details.
- Are interested in learning new methods designed to help manage your back pain
- Are prescribed daily pain medication for your back pain (for example: Vicodin®, Percocet®, oxycodone, or morphine)
- Agree to be assigned in a random way (like by flipping a coin) to learn one of two methods to help manage pain
- Are 21 or older
- Experience daily lower back pain for at least 3 months
- Are willing to complete an 8-week training program of weekly 2-hour sessions in your local city to learn one of the two pain management methods
- Are willing to complete in-person and online follow up surveys throughout the one year study