How can I learn more about the study and find out if I qualify?
Call: (608) 212-6902
Cassandra, Shelbey, Alyssa, Alice, and Amanda of the University of Wisconsin-Madison team will be happy to discuss the study with you!
When and where will the study sessions be held?
The next study training sessions will be:
Tuesday or Thursday afternoons, starting April 28th, 2020
Location: Wingra Family Medical Center – Madison, WI
More training sessions are coming! Please call us for dates.
Transportation assistance may be available, please call us for details.
- Are interested in learning new methods designed to help manage your back pain
- Are prescribed daily pain medication for your back pain (for example: Vicodin®, Percocet®, oxycodone, or morphine)
- Agree to be assigned in a random way (like by flipping a coin) to learn one of two methods to help manage pain
- Are 21 or older
- Experience daily lower back pain for at least 3 months
- Are willing to complete an 8-week training program of weekly 2-hour sessions in your local city to learn one of the two pain management methods
- Are willing to complete in-person and online follow up surveys throughout the one year study