The Wausau Family Medicine Residency Program offers rigorous, unopposed training in a welcoming community. We are one of the longest-standing family medicine residency programs in Wisconsin. Our clinic, which opened at our current location in March 2008, offers spacious, modern facilities for patient care, learning, and teaching.
The UW DFMCH is pleased to offer generous and competitive benefit packages for residents in our programs.
“This program is extremely supportive of their residents and works very hard to create opportunity for an individual to pursue their specific goals.”
-Samantha Rivera, MD, Resident
Our program provides challenging experiences in rural medicine, cardiac and medical intensive care, emergency medicine, pediatrics, and obstetrics. We also encourage residents to construct electives that are meaningful to their own goals and interests.
- Residency Start Date: June 15, 2020
- Current Salaries: $60,090 for PG-1, $62,128 for PG-2, and $64,562 for PG-3
- Professional Development Funds: Each resident will receive $1,000 in each of the PG 1, 2, and 3 training years.
- Professional Development Days: 5 days each for PG-2 and PG-3
- Personal Time Off: 15 days for PG-1, 20 days for PG-2, and 20 days for PG-3
We invite you to learn more about our program and encourage you to contact us. Welcome home to Wausau!
Review the eligibility criteria (PDF) for the Wausau Family Medicine residency program.