A huge success!
Thank you to everyone who attended the 2015 WREN Convocation of Practices
Developing a Road Map for Optimum Patient-Partnered Chronic Condition Management
Over 140 patients, advocates, nurses, doctors, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, care managers, and researchers attended and gave their voice to the future research agenda for WREN.
Key questions identified for WREN to develop plans to address include:
- Can having patients set and articulate their life health goals change health outcomes?
- What is the most effective healthcare team to help empower patients to make sound health decisions and manage chronic conditions?
- What preventative measures could be enhanced to prevent chronic diseases? How can we best enable people to fully apply these to live their best lives?
Questions? Comments? Contact us!
Working Group Outcome
- A Selection of Pearls (Slides)
- Donald Nease, Jr., MD ( Video )
- Martha ‘Meg’ Gaines, JD, LLM ( Video )
- Julie Schuller, MD, MPH, MBA ( Video )
Self-Management Support and Chronic Conditions ( Video )
- Rodney Erickson, MD
- L J Fagnan, MD
Major Challenges & Opportunities in Asthma ( Video )
- David Oshinsky, Patient Advocate
- David Hahn, MD, MS
- Christine Sorkness, PharmD
Major Challenges & Opportunities in Diabetes & Chronic Kidney Disease ( Video )
- John Hawkins, MD
- David Feldstein, MD
Major Challenges & Opportunities in Hypertension and Cardiovascular Disease ( Video )
- Chuck & Joan Dorgan, Patient Advocates
- Brad Lepkowski, FNP
- Barry Carter, PharmD, FCCP, FAHA, FASH
Major Challenges & Opportunities in Chronic Musculoskeletal Conditions ( Video )
- David Rabago, MD
- Neil Binkley, MD