Integrative Health is Healing-Oriented Care.
University of Wisconsin-Madison Integrative Health
Integrative Health focuses on health and healing. It honors what matters most to you and your reasons for wanting to be healthy. It includes everything about you–body, mind, spirit, lifestyle, and your connections with other people and your surroundings. It emphasizes healing relationships and uses both standard medical approaches and complementary ones.
Partnering with you to promote health and healing in body, mind, and spirit through compassionate care, education, and research.
- Imparting Knowledge: We advance collective understanding of healing through research, education, and interpersonal dialogue.
- Cultivating Wisdom: We use nature as a guide and acknowledge the wisdom traditions, as well as the methods and results of science, as important influences on healing.
- Taking Action: We facilitate well-being and reduce suffering in all aspects of healthcare delivery for others and ourselves, from person to planet. (See the RELIEVE mnemonic below for a description of this process.)
Relationship-centered care built on
Empathy and trust creates a positive environment where the clinician can
Listen to a complicated story that creates
Insight into a problem that results in an
Explanation that is consistent with the patient’s
Values leading to
Empowerment and action towards health.
- Clinical Services
- Medical student and resident education
- Fellowship training
- Research designed to bring awareness to the healing process
- Integrative oncology services
- Continuing medical education
- Mindfulness-based integrative health retreats
- Incorporating integrative health into primary care
- Environmental stewardship through sustainable practices