Integrative Health emphasizes the importance of clinician self-care and care for the caregiver; as a clinician, your well-being is a priority too. Just as it does for patients, Integrative Health for clinicians incorporates mindful awareness and health planning elements such as self-assessment and goal setting. In addition to the intrinsic value of your health, the health of you, as a clinician, also has a powerful effect on your patients. This overview focuses on a variety ways to protect yourself from burnout and increase your resilience.
- As a clinician, your health matters in its own right. You get to be the “Me” at the center of the Circle of Health too!
- Everything that you learn about Integrative Health for others can also potentially apply to you.
- As a clinician, your state of health and health practices affect your patient care.
- Many clinicians suffer from burnout, which is linked to poor outcomes, such as suicide, substance use, and depression.
- Burnout arises from many causes. If you are experiencing it, seek help and support. Resist the temptation to blame yourself.
- Resilience is the remedy for – or alternative to– burnout. There are many ways to increase resilience in your life, at both a personal and professional level.
Please see the downloads section for more detailed clinician and patient information.
Disclaimer: This information is for general education. Please work with your health care practitioner to use it in the best way possible to promote your health.