An Integrative Health approach to the immune system emphasizes clean living, healthy eating, adequate sleep, exercise, positive relationships, and stress reduction. It draws in mindful awareness and self-care along with conventional and integrative approaches to health and well-being. The Circle of Health highlights eight areas of self-care: Surroundings; Personal Development; Nutrition; Recharge; Family Friends, & Co-Workers; Spirit & Soul; Mind & Emotions; and Physical Activity. This overview explores what a how to apply the latest research on complementary and integrative health (CIH) to immune system health.
Note that this overview focuses immune system health in general. In addition, there are specific Integrative Health tools focusing on some of the more common immune system-related concerns that lead people to see clinicians. For more details on sinusitis, herpes simplex virus, asthma, allergies, upper respiratory infection prevention, urinary tract infections, and herbs that support the immune system, see the specific Immune Health tools that accompany this overview.
Please see the downloads section for more detailed clinician and patient information.
Disclaimer: This information is for general education. Please work with your health care practitioner to use it in the best way possible to promote your health.
- Immune System Health Overview
- Personal Health Inventory: Immune System Health
- An Integrative Approach to Allergies
- An Integrative Approach to Asthma
- Integrative Health for Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) 1 & 2 Infections
- Integrative Approaches to Sinusitis
- Prevention and Treatment of Viral Upper Respiratory Infections
- Integrative Approaches for Urinary Tract Infections
Please help us make this module as useful as possible by filling out our brief module evaluation form.